Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tuesday 1-29-2013

Sleep - 10:30pm -7:30am

My gut has been really bloated for the past 36 hours...yesterday was ridiculousness; gas, gas an more gas (how about that info)....the only thing I added over the past 2 days was homemade bison chili and the added pinto beans is the only culprit I can think of...so dairy, beans and breads have all proven to rec havoc on my gut, joints and energy levels.

AS a 35 year old athlete i am coming to many clear realizations of how food, sleep, life, can influence your abilities to be really kick ass or just a wanna be. The responsibility is (mine) to be at the top of my game ...and one I took for granted through my collegiate career and earlier competitive days, when life seemed so much simpler. I remember training for the Olympics back in 2000 and my coach said "you need to have the simplest life possible the be the best... only the basics on your life list ; training, eating, sleeping...NOTHING ELSE!"  
Although today my life has more than just the "basics" ...  I can't let go of the idea of not being an competitive athlete...I have recognized that I have based a lot of who I am throughout my life by what I can do physically. Although I know sport is more than just accomplishments...I am seeking a deeper understanding...to who Robin Lyons is, not only to me, but other people in my life. My mission, to never let go...overcome and strive for greatness...in any measure towards success.

8am Upon Rising- Green Mix + 5 grams Glutamine+ max energy
coaching, 8am, 9am
11:30am- Breakfast 2 eggs + 2pc Bacon+ 3 pc dried banana+ 10 almonds
 2:30pm- 1 cup of homemade red potato/yam + 3oz deli turkey + fish oil
Snack - larabar

WORKOUT @ 5:30
1. Sq Clean1,1,1,1,1,1 / 2min rest
#145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 195X (#185 felt solid...missed it last week, yah!)
+
24 minutes- thrusters felt solid at bottom position, able to pull bar down from top without losing speed on the way up
ODD- 7 thrusters
EVEN- 5 KTE

+
24minutes
35 Double Unders
5 TTB


 DINNER: 7:30pm- Spaghetti Squash w/ 4oz ground beef with veggies
 Snack - 1/2 cup ice cream + 15 almonds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment